We are celebrating Kindness!
- Why – because one act of kindness can make a great impact.
- How – from Feb 18 to March 18 we did acts of kindness throughout our community. We thanked firefighters, health workers, librarians, and many others that serve our community.
We celebrated kindness on March 18 by being kind and encouraging others to be kind.
- We served a kind and free lunch at 12 noon
- We had fun activities for kids to focus on kindness
- A free workshop on how to be kind and helpful to those going through crisis was informative and practical
- The opportunity to be kind through a silent auction that supports our local “JW House” charity raised awareness and over $300 in support.
1) Our workshop on kindness was given by a family that has gone through crisis. They were travelling to see family for Christmas when their 18 month year old daughter became sick and was diagnosed with cancer. They shared their story and speaking about how to be kind to those that are going through crisis.
2) Many of our activates for kids focused on teaching kindness. For example, they designed a thank you card for a police officer, or build a blessing bag for a displaced person.
3) A representative from the “JW House” was on hand to answer any questions and give us information on how we can be a help to their charity.
The One Act of Great Impact
One act of kindness has had a great impact on our lives and has inspired us to be kind. The infectious kindness of Jesus is illustrated in many Bible events from his care for the poor, for the handicap, and for the socially displaced. But the kind act that had the greatest impact in our lives is Jesus’ death and resurrection. He gave his life as a pardon for our wrongs to others and to God. (Titus 3:4) Campbell Baptist Church is celebrating this kindness by intentionally being kind to our community, by supporting a local charity, and by educating others in kindness.